You can be assured that we also respect your rights under the Data Protection Act. This policy explains why we request personal information, how you can give or refuse your consent, what information we request and who else may have access to it. The only personal information we will have is that voluntarily supplied by you.
Why do we request personal information?
The main reason for collecting, processing and storing your personal information is to be able to provide you with the services you have requested. These services could include new product information, updates, and surveys.
- Personal information will be collected and stored by medicalweighingscales.co.uk or its service providers, with your consent, for the following purposes:
- To directly provide the services you have requested
- To enable third parties to process and manage your information in order for us to provide the services you have requested
- For security, administrative and legal purpose
- To update and enhance the website and the services it provide
Where we ask you for personal information, we will inform you of how we intend to use the information and we will ask for your explicit consent.
We may contact you by post, telephone or e-mail using the contact details you have provided. If, for instance, you do not wish us to contact you by telephone, then you do not need to give us your number. However, this may mean we are unable to provide you with all our services.
- By completing the “Checkout register with medicalweighingscales.co.uk” form, you are consenting to the collection and use of the information you voluntarily submit, for the purposes described above
- You can be assured that any personal information will only be used in accordance with current data protection legislation
- If you object to the use of your personal information in any of the ways mentioned, please tell us by clicking here All our automated email correspondence contains an unsubscribe option which you can use to tell us you no longer wish us to send you email
- You have the right to ask us for a copy of any personal information we hold about you. The Data Protection Act requires you to request this in writing. We may make a charge of up to £10 to provide the information. Should you wish to make a request The address to write to is: The Data Protection Officer, AAL LTD, 18 Hazel Grove, Tarleton, PR4 6DQ
What information do we store?
The information that we store about you will be either taken:
- Directly from your registration details; or
- From information about your visits to this website which is automatically recorded by our web server (see further information below about Cookies).
What are cookies?
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. (Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to receive personalised information on our website. You will, however, still be able to use the website.
Who else might see my personal information?
We will share your information where required to do so by relevant legislation, or court orders. Should AAL LTD be acquired by another company, customer information may be deemed a transferable business asset, and as such will transfer to the new owners.
AAL LTD may update this policy at any time. If we do this, it will be highlighted on the Home Page, so that you are aware of the need to check it again.